Monday, September 11, 2006

1 random morning

I am really tired of waiting for the right time to organize and edit and summarize the trip of europe..I am TOOOOOOO lazy and too guilty that I would be wasting time ( although i do other equally useless things all the time.. )

So here are some pics .. randomly chosen dates and times (of the day).. My blog will be as random and non-chronological and chain-reaction like.. as my current memory of my trip is.

The day I have chosen is ...(camera says so) July 25th 2006. One day in Germany.. We had driven all evening the previous day .. through German Alpine Road. We had really under-estimated the real meaning of what appeared to be a few "jagged lines " on the map..It turned to be a real roller coaster..and when I forced Prince to stop before we completed the entire journey to Fussen (with the u with 2 dots above it), it was not the beauty of the place but, to find a hotel just so that I can puke in to it's sink! And we thanks to our lucky stars, found this gem of a hotel..As usual, I dont remember its name.. but I do remember how it looked like.. it had a bunch of old really old trunks and old chests of drawers all around it..and its breakfast place had a disturbingly large number of stuffed birds.. (i mean the ones hunted down and stuffed with preservatives to look real.. not the happy and snuggly baby toys). So we chose this hotel..and said yes to the hotel runner .. and came out and found (not so much to our surprise) that it was double the price of a hotel in the next block.. I did not care .. I wanted to puke.. So, between the yes to the hotel runner, and the white marble of the sink, I consoled myself about the high price (from whatever we could make out in the hazy, fog covered view)..thinking that this hotel opened to the lake. Most of the previous night, went in keeping my food down. In between the self sympathizing whines, I told princy, we can make good by enjoying a good walk in the morning by the lake.

The next morning, we opened the porch door, we had this heavenly green lake surrounded by the giant alpine ranges.. It is called weissensee.. I think that means white lake.. I have forgotten my german..so much so that, all my recollections of meanings of words turned out (to my embarassment) to be the harvest of my fertile imagination! Anyways.. That is the lake..



All the time when we were there, the birds went round and round and in random patterns shaking the crystal clear water in to beautiful patterns..


I have taken about 15 pictures of this view.. and still could not feel that I have captured really how it looked and felt..


There were these guys who were in this motor driven rubber boat.. and one guy went in to take measurements.. and the other guy kept writing it down.. seemed pretty serious research.. How I could kill to make system theory research to include such activities!

And then, when we walked further, we found this guy sitting there on the chair facing the lake (not clearly visible in the pic) .. after a refreshing (not to mention cold) swim, .. just sitting there.. eating his oatmeal and sipping his coffee... WHAT A PERFECT MORNING!
How the day progressed... I will blog some other time (when my guilt for the past 1.5 hours of blogging disappears.. )

1 Comments:

At 8:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful snaps and very good writeup too :) I suggest you write about everything chronologically before you forgetmost of it !!

-Kanthi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home