Thursday, October 06, 2005

Amma and tears

It hurts infinitely to see my dear amma cry..

I wish there was something to do.. something that I could try..


She doesn’t have degrees, plaques and awards to show

But she can think at heights far far above

She has her little sphere in which she silently dwells

But her micro world is way bigger than I can ever tell


She thinks about relations, about love and hate

She thinks about lost passions and how it is too late

Her offspring has stepped out to seek its path in the wild..

She cries about the happiness and safety of her child


When you were with me, my baby, I could cradle you in my arms

I could bear the blizzards, to keep you safe and warm

I could take the hurt to keep that smile on your face

I could hide all the tears and misery without a trace


Now, you are out there, fighting your fight

I cannot keep from sorrow, try as I might

You will tumble and fall hard, your tender skin will tear

But you are out there, it’s not a pain I can bear


Her past went in collecting the tiny twigs for the nest

Her present is invested in giving us the best

Her wishes, her hopes, her dreams, on my shoulders they rest

God, I hope I can reach the sky fulfilling her quest


She has her small home, her universe full of us

If she peeps in to the future, the windows open to us

We grow old and farther, and off we go away

It is the fate of cruel nature that the children never stay


Don’t give me wings oh God, I don’t want to ever fly

God it hurts infinitely to see my dear amma cry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home