Thursday, November 23, 2006

About Borat

This is amazing. How people can pay and watch a guy crapping about people/countries/races/cultures.. It is weird and morbidly fascinating at the same time.
I saw the movie.. I thought that the idea was novel.. and quite smart.. but why does the quality of entertainment have to plunge SO low in order to entertain people? why does every show nowadays have to be a freak show?
Ofcourse no one would be entertained by uneventful movies.. but you dont have to exploit the cheapest sense of humour in order to make people..

The idea of the movie shows that clearly, the cleverness has not died.. but still it needs the crutches of below the belt action to keep the money rolling in.
THe idea could have been used to address/mock the supposed "american ignorance" about issues that are really worth issuing. I can imagine a million awkward questions that can be asked about their knowledge in communism, foreign affairs, the people's ignorance about other countries.. it did not HAVE to be "sexy time" with mother in law or carrying potty in to a dinner.. Indecency ruined the idea and the point of the movie.

I dont know.. I am deeply disturbed by the movie.. and sad that a whole country not only accepts the cheapness but rewards the guy with millions of dollars... Prince says that different people.. different tastes.. and so why am i bothered? I dont know.. I cant quite put my finger on it.. but it is disturbing.. very disturbing..

1 Comments:

At 7:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I quite agree with you. Except I didnt watch the movie. I had seen some clips on youtube and was disgusted by Borat's sarcasm and that of the movie makers. And the rest of the country decides to watch the movie. Great.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home