Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Where do you go when you have no where to go?


A few days ago, I watched the "Last Lecture". The guy is smart and he had some good things to say..He said, "when you are making mistakes and no one cares enough to tell you, then you are *really* are in a bad state". I thought about myself and my pursuits and my lack of direction.. and it felt right.. what he said felt right.. that perhaps, i am going on a track to ruins and no one will tell me i am being wrong.. either because they don't want to hurt me.. or because they don't care..

Today, another friend of mine told me, something interesting. We were talking about two great people say, A and B. A does not allow people to get away with mediocre quality work.. He grills them until they turn up right.

B on the other hand, thinks that if some X is doing mediocre work, it is not his job to tell him. X deserves to find his own direction and can go to hell if he wants.. B will even facilitate this ignorant journey towards mediocrity.. because he does not believe in interfering.. He believes that every one deserves to struggle, make their mistakes and find their place.. He knows what their place is, but he wont tell them.

So perhaps my universe, my B, is watching, amused at my miserable attempts to win over an invincible fate.. Perhaps I am sitting on this high-and-mighty pile of sand of my ego , and the universe is just laughing its a** off as to how by the end of my life, this BIG MOTHER deluge of a wave is to going to wash me away like a twig.. and how then it would be too late..

My friend told me, not in so many words, but in essence, that I was one of the idiots on the ignorant band-wagon on my way to mediocrity.. who was not being told so by my B.

It is strange.. this feeling.. There is a deep sadness and there is a sense of calmness that comes with confronting truth. I ask myself at this point, where would I go now.. I don't know any other way.. but to do what I am doing.. I would rather be a failure at this than a success at something else, I guess, .... so I go on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home