Thursday, September 09, 2010

Another day another dream

Today, I dreamt in my afternoon nap. It was a surreal world, far away from mine. Let me narrate the event in the dream first. The dream was set in a camp of sorts. The tents which accommodated tens of people together, were set up near a sandy beach right next to a steep rock.
I dreamt that I was in the company of a person that I liked (say Phy). Phy was a fresh acquaintance. I was happy, smiling a lot and was confident in the way I behaved. It was probably because, I was enjoying the somewhat subtle yet poorly hidden attention from Phy. He was amidst some friends of his, and still watching me once in a while. I knew that. I had climbed up the rock to go up and gather some coins for the donation box (Please bear with me the nonsensical scenario of donation gathering on a beach beneath a rock; it was a dream for Pete's sake!). When it was time for me to go to the tent, suddenly, I was totally afraid to climb down the rock that I had so expertly conquered before. The idea of placing a foot in a crevice that I don't know if exists, was scary. I started fussing about, and eventually jumped down. It spilled all the coins on the sand. I gathered them and went about my business fully aware of the eyes that were following me.

Later in the day (I imagine), I went in to the tent to put the coins in the box next to which, Phy was laying down to nap. I guess he woke up due to the noise. When I bent down to put the coins in, he sat up resting on his elbow, and casually sat me down next to him. He made small talk and asked me why I was scared to come down that rock. I said, I was just scared, a momentary panic that is all. It was just a carefree conversation

I don't remember the rest of the dream. What I do remember rather vividly is the touch of his hand that held me down to sit next to him. The casualness of the gesture yet the conveyance of its intention, or what seemed liked the intention. Both of us pretending to be casually talking, while we knew that something was going on underneath. The tension was priceless. I landed in the situation partly because of my curiosity of where this will head, and partly because I did not want to care about repercussions. The world in front of me was inviting, open ended..... ripe with possibilities. The excitement, and the feeling of nascent love(?) brought back memories from far and wide..distant now in space, in time, in life.

I may be happy in my current life. I smile at least a few times a day. I could not live without the love and companionship that I have.

But the beginning of attraction my friend, ...now THAT is something else!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home