Friday, February 20, 2009

Three girls are sitting here.. with their long-forgotten coffees,,
Talking about other girls.. other girls' brothers, and their families..
Sharing questions, answers, sharing gossip, stories..
Their phones, their calls, their homework, grades and parties..

All I hear is their laughs..Then I realize, why it is different..
Why this laughter strikes so close to heart but yet feels distant..
Over the time, I have been on a path that seeks a supposed betterment,
I have built my own time-space-thought capsule..minus the human element

Things that I spend my time on, are not the things that make it worthwhile..
Things that I deem important, do not cause a random smile..
A mobius strip within my mind has made my journey somewhat futile
It is no surprise that I have not laughed in quite a while..

It has been a while since I felt at home with my life, my way..
It has been a while since I woke up and grinned to greet the day..
I drain out slowly as time goes, no flash floods not even spontaneous spurts
It has been a while since I have laughed till it hurt... and it hurts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home