Saturday, May 16, 2009

Stripped off..

My house was broken into. They robbed us off of everything.. all my precious jewels full of memories..I had.. ring my husband gave me for my anniversary.. the earrings I got from my friend from Philips, the inexpensive trinkets that I bought from when my husband and I traveled across the world, everything is gone..

Our pictures.. of our home in Venezuela, and from India, our videos of Prince's Grandma, everything.. I don't even want to look at what is gone and what is left..

We have now, No TV, no video cam, no digital SLR, no lenses, no audio mixer, 2 laptops (the one I got after 2 others were stolen 2 years ago about the same time) ..no hard disks full of pictures, music.. memories..

everything is gone..

On top of this, I changed my passwords of an email account I have had since 1998.. my first email address,.. And now I don't remember what it is .. so I lost all the emails I have saved since then.. 11 years of my emails.. fond words, heart breaking messages, memories.. stories ..everything I had never thought I would have to part with..is gone..

I guess I am being.. neatly stripped off of things I used to feel homely with.. Things I identified myself with..

I am not OK.. Although, I am much less emotional about it now.. having told the template-story to everyone who called... I am not OK.. I feel very helpless... I don't want to think about it..but I have no choice!

3 Comments:

At 12:09 AM , Blogger Avinash Rao said...

oh MAN!

 
At 4:04 PM , Blogger Pooja Subramanya said...

We can't be saints and not be attached to a materialistic world. I can't even say....hey...u still have those wonderful memories in your head, coz I know....they fade away. The details become hazy, the faces become blurry and I know it tears you apart.

I can only understand...I am sorry about your loss.

 
At 12:37 PM , Blogger nphard said...

Thank you Pooja.. You are right, it is scary to feel that your memories are feeding and there is no place you can find them back!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home