Thursday, May 10, 2007

Is it wrong?

I was listening to Mehndi Hassan today.. while working on my term project.. I heard the verses
"mere zindagee ke maalik, mere dil pe haath rakhnaa.. , tere aaney ke khushee mein, meira dum nikal na jaayein! Mein nazar se pee rahaa hoon yeh samaa badal na jaayein..Na uthaao tum nigaahein, kaheen raath dhal na jaayein".. such beautiful words full of love..I agree it is not the soul-to-soul deep-emotional-bonding that he is talking about, the poet. He is talking about romance in typical urdu poetic style.. One can almost say it is cheesy.. But, that is not what I was thinking about.. I was thinking about what happens in peoples' mind when they are in love.. when they feel so strongly.. when the cheesy cliched words *feel* like the perfect things to say..I thought about how it felt to fall in love.. It is really intoxicating..It is probably the strongest emotion I have ever felt.. and believe me, I am capable of some strong emotions.. I wonder if others feel like this too.. when you settle down.. but you miss the unsettledness.. when you are blissfully satisfied.. but silently crave for ecstasy.. I wonder..

I want to go back... to the days of my first romance..
To the slow-breathing, heart-racing, trance..
Sweet caressing,with no-hands-touching dance..
when worlds were made or shattered with a fleeting glance..

I remember of times when I would float in the clouds
when your look, I imagined, undressed me in the crowds..
I remember how I sank in to the dark deep abyss
and when you went past me not knowing any of this..

When I searched for private messages in any common phrase..
When bumping in to you set my skin and thoughts ablaze..
When you and I, and I and you, were in our own secret maze..
Running, yet chasing, hiding yet seeking, oh! our never-ending race

Back when every rain made rainbows with colors in perfect blends..
Back when me and my ideal self were still good friends..
Back when world was full of purity, possibilities, and happy ends..
Dreams didn't compromise.. and expectations didn't make amends..

My days, nowadays are relentless what-ifs
My nights toss and turn in unanswerable whys
Is walking on a plain better than a fall off the cliffs,
When you have had that one blissful soar to the skies?

Well, I had lost, and I am even, what now, do I expect to gain?
Why do I want the roller coaster of pleasure and pain?
Is the wait beyond contentment, for exhilaration in vain?
Is it wrong to wish to fall in love again?

5 Comments:

At 8:15 AM , Blogger Avinash Rao said...

Well, this might give you something to think about :)

http://www.exn.ca/Stories/1997/02/10/10.asp

 
At 8:32 AM , Blogger nphard said...

Thanks for the link..
I have read this before.. but I have also read a many other arguments among psychologists..for and against "Nature Vs. Nurture".. I have heard that equal number of psychologists swear by and swear at complete cultivability of emotions/behavioral qualities (nurture theory) and universal explanations using the biological, physiological and chemical fundamentals (nature theory)

 
At 4:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's just say it's definetely wrong for you to fall in love (insert a long pause) with "another" person :-).

 
At 4:35 PM , Blogger nphard said...

Oh right.. All that morality shmorality thingamajigger [:p]..

 
At 10:13 AM , Blogger KC said...

its true..one does want more than what they have..and love can be intoxicating...its the brain that leads to the opposite direction seeking arguements on how would you balance to present with future if you were to do what you want to do!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home