Friday, December 15, 2006

what is in a dream?

I had a dream yesterday.. you and I.. we were together..
I was at your home.. walking around like it had been mine forever..
You had accepted me in your arms.. I dont know what that meant..
I was not in heaven.. I was not ecstatic.. I was just ... content..

Your friends were talking to me, like they knew who we were..
I felt like I belonged there more than I belonged any where..
There was the kindness in your eyes, that comes out of pure love..
Then, I woke up..thinking, I dont deserve what you can bestow..

What is in that dream that I dont forget it like the rest?
Why the craving to clutch the twigs in the tempest?
Is it the hope of a wish that is impossible?
Is it the wish of a hope that is just invincible?

I wake up and I see your memory afloat..
And my breath tightens a death grip on my throat..
It has been years that you are gone..
Why dont I want you to leave me alone?

4 Comments:

At 1:02 PM , Blogger Pooja Subramanya said...

Beautiful. I love the last 2 lines.

 
At 2:33 PM , Blogger nphard said...

Thank you Pooja!

 
At 12:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey u are an amazing poet.... thoughts are expressed really well....

 
At 2:09 PM , Blogger nphard said...

Thank you Anonymous :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home