Monday, October 10, 2005

Mohana murali

"yaava mohana murali kareyitu doora teerake ennanu"

I am listening to the flute recital from Pt. Hari prasad chaurasia. He is a truly blessed man.

I was a little sad.. a little preoccupied.. The flute... the magic... god! it tears my heart..
my eyes fill without my knowledge..

The pain in its beautiful music.. draws me deep in to sorrow.. why should music always drive me mad? why should it make me so joyous that i shed tears and laugh like crazy?
or .. on the other extreme.. make me cry ... my heart out?

it makes me feel sad for the days gone.. for the godly talent this man possesses or has acquired by saadhana..

he plays with emotions of the deepest corners of mind.. i know what it means now, to be ecstatic..
the "leelaaa - jaaala" flow .. between octaves between notes of the most pure delight..
it feels like waves and froth of the blissful ocean.. same depth .. same mercurious playfulness.. the same .. beauty.. the same ... blue..

he said "I will play the whole night.. now that god is with us.." perhaps with reference to when it stopped raining..

I feel truly fortunate to be here to listen and feel this .. UNIQUE .. ONCE IN A LIFETIME feeling of being blessed with a great gift of joy .. of uncontrollable outburst of emotions being drawn out of my soul.. from this simple piece of bamboo.. from this old man who hides gods powers in him..

wont write any more.. want to cherish the feelings that i have now for ever..

This is what mukti must feel like..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home