Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Its raining..


I love rain. I love it so much ..I can walk around in it .. for hours.. I love it because it always brings back memories..

Of the time we went to Dasara processions in Mysore and drenched ourselves like sea urchins.
Of the time when we went to Brindavan gardens and my chappals floated away and I cried until we came back.

Of the time when I went on a trip to Narasimha parvat and I was stranded with 2 of my dearest-ever friends in a tent which was floating on the rain water ..for a night that was as cold as death... Of me .. fearing every drop that would seep through the tent and fall on my face at 3 AM when I was cold and tired to the verge of delirium. Of some warm and fond feelings that I brought back from there... Of times that are too pleasant to be ever forgotten.

I hope the vivifying rains quench me very soon..
The thunderous drums to the climactic gale's tune..
Inebriated with life .. tipsy trees that swoon
The frenzy.. the divine dance in the wet dune..

I hope I can relive the memories of rain..
The joy of nascent love and the marooned pain..
The anxious waits and looking back in vain..
The scars that will forever remain..

I hope I can look at the road some day..
Beyond the watery view, I see you coming back my way..
I hope you smile the way you did before..
I hope you will be the lightning that colors my gray..

I hope to live through the deluge of guilt
That shattered every sand castle I built
I hope the noise of my own scream will be silenced by the sheets..
I hope to that my hope lasts until the settling of the silt

I hope the shower douses the burning of this coal..
I hope it fills in me .. every vacuum, every void, every hole..
Some day, when I shed my tears, I hope you are there to console..
Come fall on my skin, flood my being.. cleanse my soul...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home